Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2019, 08:57 PM   #1
Kevad

State: California
THOR #10665
Heater won’t light up indicating Air Flow / Limit Fault - How to fix?

My Atwood heater for my 2018 Thor Freedom Elite 24FE Sprinter is not igniting consistently so often I must use an electric heater as my main backup option, but not so well when it’s 39 degrees outside in the middle of the night. I have checked all the main fuses in the cab and the panel under the bed and all were fine. I have opened the outside compartments and hit the reset button and occasionally the propane will fire up and thus temporally work but the next day or two it won’t. The fan will generally always go on for 20 seconds when testing but then usually shuts off before the propane flows and fires up. The light indicator on the circuit board is lighting up 1 time every 3 seconds which on the fan motor they have provided a summary chart indicating “Air Flow / Limit Fault” but I can find no limitations to the air flow, it appears to fully flow and does occasionally work. Below are a few pictures I just took but I’m not sure what else to look for or do. I can see no water or moisture anywhere in the fan or heater compartments nor any on the circuit board or electronics. The batteries are fully charged and don’t appear to be the issue. It’s getting power, there is a full tank of propane and it occasionally works, just not consistently. I am now suspecting the sail switch is not functioning correctly as I’ve read the fan goes on for 20 seconds so the air flow will trigger or move the switch so the propane can then flow and fire up but I don’t know where the sail switch is to observe if it is sticking or not. I’ve read many point out basic items like fuses, power, circuit board wet or defective but then why is it on occasions working properly, which leads me to the sail switch but what do I know [emoji3]. Can anyone help, can’t get it in for servicing until 3/19 and it’s been very cold here lately.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0818.jpg
Views:	1266
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	16123Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0819.jpg
Views:	936
Size:	126.0 KB
ID:	16124Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0821.jpg
Views:	1020
Size:	178.8 KB
ID:	16125

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.