Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2019, 02:11 AM   #7
Soldier Girl

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E. 30.2
State: Arkansas
THOR #13770
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBreeze View Post
Right about getting wet however, it will eventually fail. Also right about the stovetop. That'll also help purge the lines. Let it run a little while. It won't completely clear the furnace line but it definitely helps.

The next 'warm' chance you get, do two things:
1) locate the furnace board and get it off the floor of the mounting plate. Water collects there and eventually corrodes and/or shorts out the board.
2) run a bead of silicone along the top and sides of the trim piece that goes around the furnace outside cover. This is where the water gets in.

For more info, see this link and search for others like it and yes, good luck.

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f8/...heater+gremlin
I sure "feel your pain" - as keepin warm has been my #1 issue over the past 2 months, but my heater never quit on me, it just devoured whole tanks of propane in a nite or 2 (w/out makin much of a dent in 20°F temps), until I got some electric & battery heaters & my newest best friends, the lantern style minnie propane mr heater, the regular size mr heater & a portable propane tank. Next I'll probably be whining about how much gas the genie uses to run the a.c. - I wonder if I can run a small portable like in my house, I had a lil tower like honeywell that got a hose shoved out the window? Anyway, I truly hope you get your heat squared away!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum