Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 03:52 PM   #12
16ACE27
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
I have the issue of the store/use switch not working also. I can hear the relay clicking but the lights will not turn off. I have yet to check the fuse but from the other posts, if you hear the clicking of the relay, the fuse is good. Have to verify that next. If fuse is good, what other suggestions do you all have? Relay bad? Disconnected wiring? It did work at one time but checked this weekend and it is not disconnecting. TIA

Tom Wothke
Westfield, IN
2017 Thor Quantum WS31
When you say "lights" I assume you mean the interior illumination lights in the overhead?

Those lights will stay on (if switched on) whenever one of three things is powering the DC Buss:

The converter when attached to shore power or the generator is running.
The HOUSE batteries when the USE/STORE relay is in the USE position.
The CHASSIS battery if the cross-connect relay is in the cross-connect position.

So besides a failure in the USE/STORE relay/circuit what you are seeing may also be causes by a failure in the BIRD/BIM/Cross-connect circuit/relay.

I would start by unplugging from SP and lifting the battery leads first from the house batteries, then from the chassis battery to determine where the 12 VDC is coming from.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum