Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2019, 01:02 AM   #5
mpinva

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 37.1
State: Virginia
THOR #4468
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVCampingNut View Post
I would like to hang up a secondary towel rack in my bathroom because the single bar isn't enough for 3 people and my wife hates the over door hanger I bought. We found a 5 hanger rack that will fit behind out toilet and the wall seems solid all the way down.

My question is this. Has anyone hung towel racks on the outside wall behind the toilet? I have a 2017 Challenger 37LX. I looked in my cabinets that are hung but cannot see any screws holding them (although they have to be there because the cabinets do not levitate). The screws that came with the rack seem like they might be a tad long and the last thing I want to do is go through the outside wall. The only thing I can try is to put the slide out most of the way and try to gauge how thick the wall is.

If anyone has ever hung a towel rack, could you give me an idea of the length of screw used.

Thanks in advance.
You can also try completely removing a drawer from one of your base cabinets. If you can see the back of the outside wall, you might also find cutouts for outside speakers, Tv cabinet, etc.

2018 Hurricane 31S (sold)
mpinva is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.