Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2019, 03:18 PM   #18
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squerly View Post
Well, that makes sense. I'll have to check the inverter (it's in the barn) but I don't think it is anything more than just an inverter.

Given I already have an inverter, would replacing it in favor of an inverter/transfer switch provide enough improvement (over the previously described setup) that it's worth the investment?

EDIT: I made the above post without thinking that perhaps there is an inexpensive transfer switch that can be put in place in front of the inverter?
Xantrex and Magnum both make 15 amp stand alone transfer switches for about $75. Xantrex and Magnum also make pure sine wave inverters that have 30 amp transfer switches internally and the inverter operation is automatically driven by an internal computer which is operator programed. In my opinion, that is the only way to go if you want the option of making any 120 volt circuit battery powered, say the RV frig when traveling at high altitude or the portable ice maker when on the road.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum