Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Newb
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2019, 02:41 AM   #4
USMC AV8B

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Vegas 25.2
State: Michigan
THOR #14701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sunshine View Post
Welcome to the forum! Congrats on your purchase. We have really enjoyed our 25.2.

Did you check the water in the chassis battery? The original batteries, both chassis and coach, in my 2016 Vegas are still doing fine, but I have been careful to keep the water up and never let them completely discharge.

Any auto parts place can match your battery for a like replacement. You can lift a top post battery with a pair of vise grips, or many of today's batteries have a built in strap.

I can't help you with the AGM question, someone else here will have to chime in.

You'll find a lot of useful information in the excellent crowd-sourced manual that forum guru Ed Felker put together. So superior to the generic manual provided by Thor.

Here's the link: https://1drv.ms/w/s!AiYx6DLSeiiP53x246awlGrg8B-I
I was able to spend a little time with the Vegas today and discovered that the Chassis battery has been replaced at some point with a Deka AGM. The date sticker is not punched so not sure when.
The reason I think it is weak is it reads 12.5 volts after letting it set for a day. The house batteries are always at 12.7 or 12.8 volts! Maybe I’m jumping the gun! Guess I’ll give it a little time and see what happens with it.

There was a printed copy of Ed Felkers manual in the coach! Yes, it is a awesome source of info and I have read most of it already!

Thanks for the reply Mr. Sun!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum