Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2019, 10:45 AM   #10
The Gritz Carlton

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthole View Post
The cabinets and doors are wood. The quality is about what you would expect when speed over craftsmanship is desired. There was a time when “Amish built” was synonymous with quality.

I was recently at the Howe service center (trailer was there for 7 weeks).

44 cabinet doors were replaced and one closet door.
At least 2 of the new doors are warped, not sitting flat.
Medicine cabinet door is a very off shade
Closet door should have been replaced as pair. Two different colors, two different grains and on the new door the raised panel is warped.

The cabinets.
Fast constructions, maybe without clamps. Many areas where the adjoining wood parts are not flush.

Drawer slides are low quality.
Garbage can drawer slides were replaced (don’t know why, I had already replaced them). The are a cheap part. The new garbage drawer slides failed today, 1 week.

Sitting in my recliner right now looking at the row of drawers next to the TV. All three drawers are not parallel to each other.

Maybe DRV doesn't contract with the Amish builders...of the variety of issues owners have with the MH's, you rarely hear of a significant cabinet issue.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.