Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Body Separation
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2019, 11:47 AM   #3
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
not long after mine ran out of warranty I found a very similar issue...If I'm understanding your pictures mine was basically in the same area.....mine was in that little short stand off wall that sticks out to the side just behind the passenger side door...right along the bottom.

Mine has upholstered walls just inside the door behind the passenger and driver's seat, with little decorative buttons. These buttons or simple snaps taht pry right off to reveal screws....a few screws and these upholstered panels come off. I found that these walls are plywood and on my passenger side it was rotted.

Traced mine to a poor build at the factory...I'm confident that it had been leaking since the day they drove it out of the factory door. Had a bad seal at the front intersection...corner of the roof membrane, the nose cone, and the side wall. Also the nose cone was cut short and basically had no sealing surface area at all under the corner insert trim.

I only hope that yours isn't as bad as mine was.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum