Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2019, 10:19 PM   #1
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
Exclamation Palazzo engine access...finally

another forum's thread about accessing the diesel engine in their coach prompted me, after 4 1/2 years and over 92,000 miles, to finally 'see' where my engine access is for my '14 Palazzo 33.3 bunkhouse...

now, my 33.3 floorplan, with the front-facing master bed, may be quite different than other floorplans with side facing beds, or a rear bath or closet with a 'step up', as mine has no step up... even other '14 Palazzo floorplans may be different.

My bedframe is essentially the 'raised platform' above the engine.
About 2/3 of the bed can tilt up, with the aid of gas shocks, revealing a carpeted storage area.
The foot of the bed, about 12", is a separate storage/mounting area for the ATS and the rear of the Electrical main panel and Fuse panel.

I figured that while there was no 'access' to be seen, as with other floorplans and manufacturers who have an easily seen 'access panel' on the rear floor area, the carpet must be covering up the floor access cutout.

I pulled one side of the carpet up as best as possible, not knowing if it was separate from the rear and the sides, as the carpet covers the floor and the sides, and even goes under the foot of the bedframe where the electrical items are located. I eventually had to cut the end at the foot, and pull hard on the sides, as the factory had actually applied staples several places.

Once the carpet was lifted up and moved out of the way, I could see the plywood cutout and eventually found the 5 screws that holds it down.

I've attached some photos... this is the first time I've really every 'seen' my engine! (at least the top of it).... though I've HEARD it many times!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	engine access bedframe.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	16255   Click image for larger version

Name:	engine access open.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	16256  

TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum