Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Realistic MPG
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2019, 02:23 PM   #42
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Thor Chateau Class C are 99” compared to Axis/Vegas at 94” wide, plus Class Cs of that shape are assumed to have a higher coefficient of drag. Weight differences plays a much smaller role on fuel economy on the highway.

E-350 and E-450 are essentially the same except for the rear axle and springs, which adds a tiny bit of weight and “may” have different axle gear ratio. All E-450s are listed with 4.56 gears, whereas some E-350s (particularly older ones) may have 4.10 gears. If both have 4.56, MPG should be about the same when comparing equal units.

In my opinion all of these minor differences are still not going to make a huge difference even when combined in one unit. My previous Class C was narrow at 94”, light, and had 4.10 gears. Even then, I only got ~ 8 MPG on Interstates at 70 MPH. I only got 10 MPG twice while driving slowly out west sightseeing. Driving speed is as important as anything short of significant downsizing — it pays to slow down.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum