Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2019, 01:36 AM   #33
simidrm

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany 40ex
State: Ohio
THOR #12726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
... So the Missus and I killing time by walking around in the local Walmart, and I come across this item in their meager RV Section, that has me curious...
It's a 30 amp to 20 amp adapter plug. Not the typical 18" or so long cord, that has one style plug (30 amp) at one end: and the other style (20 amp) at the other. This little ditty has you plug your 30 amp cord into it, and then you can plug it into a 20 amp outlet...

Is there anything to be concerned about; if someone decides to give one of them a try?
They will work in a pinch for battery charging and lights but I would not try to use it and try to run your a/c coffee pot or microwave chances are it would trip the breaker anyway but those items require more amps then the adapter will give and the adapter will get very hot and possibly cause damage to your a/c units.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum