Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2019, 01:35 AM   #150
10scDust

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2016 Thor Outlaw 29H
State: Tennessee
THOR #13869
I want in on this resurrection! LOL

Does anyone know where to look for this BIRD and Trombetta on a 2016 Thor class C Outlaw?
Or, if it even has this set up?

Been reading through all the info I can on the charging system (3 days of troubleshooting), and I still do not know enough.

What I have: Chassis battery charges fine from engine's alternator, verified voltage differences at the battery, and voltage is at a level that a BIRD would not allow charge voltage in on shore power or generator.

What I don't have: any type of incoming charge voltage to the coach batteries under the step, from alternator w/engine running, plugged in to shore power, or with generator running.

I am thinking maybe the fuse on the Trombetta/BIRD, if I could find it.
I did not pull the chassis battery out to get a better look, I don't think it is there anyway.
Nothing near generator area.
Nothing around the coach batteries and circuit breakers not tripped, 12 vdc both sides all three.

Use switch in Use position, or store, same results, no charge voltage.

Could it be the converter?
Is that what is near the fuse/breaker panels, silver with cooling fins?
There is a Xantrex Pro 1000 inside the shore power cord compartment, is that the converter.

Does the RV have a separate battery charger?

Thanks for any insights.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum