Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2019, 09:41 AM   #16
MRichaud

Brand: Jayco
Model: Precept 31UL
State: Tennessee
THOR #14508
Update: Have the controller and air cylinder installed under the driver's seat and air lines and wiring run. The cable and pulley are run and attached to the brake pedal arm. Still waiting for the baseplate, which is on backorder from e-trailer. They also will be shipping the wiring kit, and I imagine they're holding that until they have the baseplate in stock. Sent an email yesterday inquiring about a shipping update. If I don't hear from them today, will give them a call.

I reinstalled the seat and carpet, leaving the door sill trim and kick panel off in case I need to address any issue with the wiring or air line I ran through there. Then took a drive to see if the cable/pulley attached to the brake pedal had any affect/intereference. Thankfully, no problem there, and aside from the hole in the carpet on the firewall where the pulley is attached, you really can't tell there's any modification.

I did notice a potential problem, though: When I started the car, the air bag warning light stayed on. Since I'd had to remove the seat, the two electrical connections under it had to be unplugged. One of them was difficult, and I was afraid I'd broken a wire; but when I inspected it, I couldn't see any problem. Went on the internet (sure glad what's-his-name invented it!), and found a simple fix involving switching the ignition on and off a few times to reset it. Success!

Planning a trip to New Orleans soon, which will be the maiden voyage. Fingers crossed that the rest of the stuff will show up and I get it all buttoned up in time. In the meantime, I'm really liking the Xterra. Think we're gonna be pleased with it as a toad.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum