Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Solar setup
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2019, 08:07 PM   #30
The_Breeze

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 31L
State: Florida
THOR #12189
Quote:
Originally Posted by blw2 View Post
I used to think the same way, until our trip out the canyon a couple summers ago. I still am drawn to a more hilly and temperate woodland topography, but I'll admit to a sudden closed in feeling as we were driving back East an into the trees....There is something to be said for being able to focus your eyes to infinity...and I love all of the dispersed camping options out there, that we just don't have....
I hear you and beginning to experience a similar thing out here. I've been out here for 2 months and the barren desert is starting to get old.

I spent a few years the Western Piedmont of NC in the Appalachian mountains just east of Asheville as a teenager. Beautiful country and I remember taking it for granted after a while.

I lived in Florida for 1.5 yrs. That got old - fast. Too hot and humid and sand gets in every crack and corner. I'm still finding it in my rig.

You seem to drive out here and then drive back home (east). You're getting that change of scenery makes someplace different all that more appealing and no one can blame you for it. We live in a free country

You're right, it's beautiful out here but it does start to wear on you, just as any place would I imagine. That said, there are some folks that would say I'm dead wrong and disagree.

The grass is always greener...I guess I was born to roam. Live and let live.

Quote:
...sorry for the side track...
me too...

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum