Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2019, 09:45 PM   #155
10scDust

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2016 Thor Outlaw 29H
State: Tennessee
THOR #13869
Thanks Beau388, the euphoria is great when fixing a problem, it's the perplexing hair pulling trying to get there, if you know what I mean.

Our class C, not a super C, does have the emergency start switch on the dash.
I really did not know what it was until I started reading this forum, and I still haven't tried it.

All my troubleshooting has been a solo effort, I am managing.
My second career I was licensed Chief Engineer-MODU, only my first career was as a Machinist/Machine Repairman, not so much electrical or electronic, but I am getting there, lol!

After discovering that my converter is in need of replacement, from my research during my at home schooling (I'm retired), now ordering one (today), I may wait till the weekend to play with the emergency start button.
I am expecting to hear the solenoid click noise, I assume it will make, to help me locate it, and help is always available on the weekend! (only one of us is retired).

By the time I get everything tip top, I won't want to upgrade to an A, even though we keep dreaming, lol.

New learning experiences, still beats shop labor costs, and I like the tinkering.

Do you know if it would be worthwhile, or detrimental, if I were to wire in a BIM?
Not sure about what is there now, that has failed.
Leveling low voltage error needs alternator help, now that's not working.
Even though ignition key is on run position first, error calls for help from alternator, to push voltage on coach batteries, so it can assist with the leveling hydraulic pump amperage demands.

That's what got me to this point, coming home from a week, the levelers almost did not make it retracted.
Once home, coach batteries were fairly far discharged, 5.94 vdc, they were not ruined, 3 days on charger, then individually load tested as I was searching battery compartment for a BIRD, or something...now I know...here I am...

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum