Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2019, 07:32 PM   #3
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
I don’t like slideouts; so much so that I offered Thor to pay extra for them to delete it from an Axis 24.1, but they declined. Multiple times.

I don’t like the way they look on the outside, particularly when extended, don’t like the way they look on the inside when retracted, and really don’t like the way they crowd floorplans when pulled in.

Essentially, they all leak, it’s just a matter of how much and under what conditions. For me that’s a serious problem because after a few years, many motorhomes with slides start to smell damp, and that affects me far worse than most people.

When listing RV problems, slides usually rank #1. It’s data you can look up, not my opinion. That in itself doesn’t discourage me because I could fix most problems, except that doesn’t address that I simply don’t like them anyway. A motorhome with slides pulled in looks like chaos to me — highly disorganized. To each their own; they are not for me.

Having said all that, in that size motorhome the other option without a slide has a corner bed which I also don’t like. That would be a tough choice for me, but if traveling alone I think the corner bed wouldn’t be as bad as when traveling with a partner. My wife and I have camped with corner beds and didn’t like the inconvenience at all.

Note the listed MSRP is almost $7,000 higher for same bed and bath at rear, except one has slide and other a corner bed. Otherwise very similar floorplans. On second thought, if traveling alone I’d take the 22HE, save about $5~6k, and get the bathroom on the driver side where it makes more sense to me.

P.S. — I admit being biased against slides in many ways; more than I care to list.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum