Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2019, 01:39 PM   #35
DenverTransplant

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.1
State: Colorado
THOR #5190
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC62 View Post
So in doing some my research before purchasing our new Trailhawk I thought FCA had fixed this issue in the 19 model year? We are having the Trailhawk and our 2018 ACE fitted with Roadmaster plate and bars 1st week in April. Followed a couple of the links posted to other forums and now I am having doubts. Did the Jeep sales peeps hand me a line of BS about issue was resolved?
Mark
We have a 2017 Cherokee Trailhawk and have added the Death Wobble cable. It my understanding that starting with the 2019 Trailhawks you no longer need to add the cable. Apparently the Jeep Engineers figured out that if you have the PTU in neutral , the ignition turned off and the wheels are turning you must be towing and they turn on the electronic power steering. You would still need an on board battery charger to allow the motor home to charge the battery while towing. We have an RVi battery charger in our Jeep.

Now that they have a software fix for the 2019’s you would hope they would have an update for the 2014-2018 software. They did an update to fix the cruise control problem, so why not also fix the death wobble too? Too late for me as I already spent the $500 (installed) for the cable harness.
Roadmaster Falcon All Terrain
RVi Brake 3
DenverTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.