Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2019, 09:17 PM   #8
halfprice

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
My 32 ft class A seems good from stock but I’ve done an alignment, Roadmaster steering stabilizer and done some work on the rear sway bar. The Roadmaster is to help with emergencies and the alignment was just common sense. The sway bar work is because one of the factory mounting brackets broke leaving the sway bar adrift. Instead of just replacing the Ford part I did the Roadmaster upgrade with polyurethane bushings and a more stout bracket. I did the rear CHF while I had it all apart just because everyone seems to think it’s worthwhile. If I ever do the front CHF I’ll probably purchase longer links to better retain the factory geometry and polyurethane bushings because, again, why not while I’m there. But I’m in no hurry to do anything more.

Pete my understanding is Ford switched to poly bushings in 2014 or 2015. Ill guess the ones you got were blue. Seems all after market one are. Ford uses black polys.

If you have a welder friend you can make a bracket instead of buying extension links. I did it and like the factory geometry better. THis applies to the front only.

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.