Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 09:47 AM   #50
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by azadv View Post
I did the connnection to the microwave at the distribution panel, but I did beef up the wiring to/from that 1800w inverter.
Since the fridge inverter was located under the fridge above the water tank and water pump area, which is closed off in the Outlaw 29H, I installed a 120v muffin fan with a fan filter on the wood panel that attaches in front of that area. The fan turns on with the inverter and sucks in air from living area to cool the inverter. There is a wiring corridor space that leads rearward from that area under the fridge to where the converter/distribution panel is, that’s where the exhaust would be, at the converter front grill. I ended up replacing that 120VAC-12VDC converter with a better 4-stage Intellipower one and decided the plastic grill in front of it was too restrictive for cooling so I cut out the perforated ‘grill’ area and installed muffin fan grills with filters on them like the one I used on the fridge cooling fan panel. Pictures would help explain but I’m in San Diego at a wedding now for a week so maybe when I get back

That would be super..... thanks!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.