Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2019, 09:51 AM   #49
10scDust

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2016 Thor Outlaw 29H
State: Tennessee
THOR #13869
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBreeze View Post
You'll likely share your experience and result with the rest of us. Let me know if there's something I can research to help you out.
I sure will.
What is there is not working properly now.

With the coach batteries taken care of for now (plugged into shore power presently), I ran an extension cord under the hood, installed a milliamp battery tender to chassis battery, to keep charge up, stable, and out of the rain too.

No trip planned until next month, so I expect it will take some time, and monitoring before gathering enough info.
I expect it to work well, provided I get it wired correctly, LOL, after all, I am human.

Part of my decision, to go with a BIM 225, falls on Precision Circuits literature of how the system works, the complexity of what a BIRD entails, and halfprice's recommendation, as that is what he has, and I understand it works great for them.

Even though Precision Circuits has one rated at 160 continuous amps, vs 225, that was where my technical expertise lacks, so I went 225, hope that is right as I believe 225 is upgrade from 160.

Class A, or class C, the battery systems are too similar for it not to work.

At this point in time, a battery disconnect system does not fit our bill.
We are in the process of getting a cement parking place installed.
My pre-planning has shore power hook up installed, two 110 25A outlets 30 feet apart, even a separate circuit for future carport lighting, and an extension to my septic tank for a dump station.
Being next to the garage building, water is available there, too.
Later on a carport roof will be there to complete those plans.
Doing most myself, lots of work...

Thanks again to the members, and this forum, which helped me in my research, with tips, experience, etc.

We really hope to meet some of y'all one day down the road.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum