Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2019, 02:34 AM   #48
The Guidrys

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 34F
State: Louisiana
THOR #2073
Trimark lock got me stuck a second time...

Yep,

It happened at the most inconvenient time. Pulled in my campsite, and then I hear my wife calling... she was locked out the camper. I was confused for a second, but after a few seconds, it hit me...another failure. So I got my 10yo son to crawl thru the passenger window (lucky it was cool outside and had most of the window open) and he was able to disassemble the lock and take a pliers to pull the plunger to open the door. I removed the plunger and used the deadbolt lock and key to keep my door shut.

So I call my dealer and they drop ship me a new one under my extended warranty plan, however, I should have done a little research and learned that Trimark offers a STEEL version. So now, I have another 'time bomb' on my door lock. The last 'replacement' lasted about 2 years, the 'original' lasted about 2 years, so next time, I'll be getting a STEEL plunger version. Until then, I'll be leaving a window open and a screwdriver in one of my inside compartments!

Safe Travels Ya'll!
Montz, Louisiana
The Guidrys is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum