Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2019, 09:51 AM   #10
10scDust

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2016 Thor Outlaw 29H
State: Tennessee
THOR #13869
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTransplant View Post
I just installed the Camco Extend a Stay my ACE 30.1. Took about 30 minutes. Attached is a link to one of the many YouTube videos on the topic.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If an appliance doesn’t have its own high pressure to low pressure regulator, then you can’t tie into the Extend a Stay without adding a regulator.
I installed one similar, or the same as one of these, and ran into a problem.
In my bright mind, I wanted to run the RV house, and a Weber grill + a Coleman burner fold out from a separate 20 lb tank utilizing the 2 connections provided.

Since the Weber & Coleman have a regulator, I ran a flexible gas line (on the ground) to the other side of the RV, where a fold up table under the awning we set up.

The problem is when connecting to the 1"-20 tpi POL (Prest-O-Lite) fitting.
When attaching to it, the Shrader valve inside it closes off the other, smaller one, that is 90 degrees out from it where manufactured, but still allowed flow through to the RV's regulator and on.
It essentially let me only choose one to hook up to.

For savings sake, I did shut off on board supply, hooked up my portable tank, before doing this set up, discovering the dilemma at the camp site.
Never was a plan to have both on simultaneously, I wanted to reserve on board supply, the whole idea!

Since I had a tee for the Weber, and a Coleman portable burner set up on my table, so I could completely have an outside cook area (both cookers with a built in regulator) supplied with unregulated gas pressure, I ended up choosing only one cooker, and had to use the tee & two short hose lines, at the propane supply hook up.

It all worked, just not the way I planned.
I have enough short and long hoses to eventually complete my set up, I just need another tee connection to do so.

It's always something!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum