Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2019, 01:19 PM   #3
Muggs

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #5313
I tow a 92 Camaro drag car on an open dual axle trailer with an e450 based 2016 Vegas. The GVWR of the Vegas we have 14,500, GCVW is 22,000. Cargo capacity is 3,199 on yellow sticker.

When we took it to scale we found that full of gas, propane and water we were at 12,800 Maximum. The trailer was 5,500. This was well within the 14,500/22,000 limitation. We run heavier than most due to a lot of spare stuff for car and tools, etc. When we are at out of town races longer I take extra water which is carried in interior behind rear axle or tied to front of car.

The only real limitation that comes into play for us is tongue weight. The 500 lb limitation means I move car further back on trailer. Is not an issue and package tows great in this setup. Being my first ever Ford, I am impressed with the performance of v10/6 speed. Keeping up with traffic and merging is never issue.

When we picked this unit out, it was between an Itasca 26 on F-53, an ACE on F-53 and the Vegas on e450. The Vegas had best overall cargo/towing capacity and also has best wheelbase to length ratio and shortest overhang. Almost 3 years and 22,000 miles later we are still very happy with our choice.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum