Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2019, 02:39 PM   #19
lwmcguire

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Missouri
THOR #6903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
To answer succinctly, no. The lead/acid chemistry is the same in flooded, VRLA, AGM or gel, so the the weight of the lead in the batteries that determines the stored amps. Low long the bateries last and max amperage draw is dependent on the construction. Considering the cost per pound of L/A batteries will always be the cheapest in group GC-2 because 34% of all batteries manufactured in the NA are GC-2. I know because I have 8 in my golf cart. A deep cycle group 31, 12 volt battery weighs 67 lbs and the 20 hour rate is 100 AH. A deep cycle GC-2 battery weighs 68 lbs and has 20 hour rate of 217 AH. So two group 31 give 200 AH @12 volts and weigh 134 lbs where as two GC-2 give 217 AH @ 12 volts and weigh 138 lbs.
To really sum it up the 6v deep cycle batteries hold up better in severe discharge situations

If you don't boondock use the cheapest battery you like that fits

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum