Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Solar setup
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2019, 04:42 AM   #36
azadv

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Outlaw 29H
State: Arizona
THOR #10400
Yeah camping world pretty much sucks for anything besides browsing for basics you might need ASAP that Walmart doesn’t have while on the road. I used to go there years ago when I had my first camper trailer then some when I had cabover but now pretty much everything on line. I did find a local solar place after I had most everything that was about the same price and was a good info resource for the final wire and connectors etc, and face to face info which is valuable for solar installs. I had convinced myself I was going to install panels in parallel to avoid performance reductions if one or more panels had some shade, but was advised with the MPPT controller I had to do series for efficiency overall and keep the current in the connecting wiring lower (higher voltage input to controller). System worked well configured that way.
azadv is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum