Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Solar setup
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2019, 12:57 PM   #40
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by azadv View Post

.......cut...... I had convinced myself I was going to install panels in parallel to avoid performance reductions if one or more panels had some shade, but was advised with the MPPT controller I had to do series for efficiency overall and keep the current in the connecting wiring lower (higher voltage input to controller). System worked well configured that way.

Really nice installation. The picture showing 325 Watts (12 Volts and 27.1 Amps) confirms you’re getting high efficiency out of your system.

Have you observed how much of an increase you get when you tilt the panels? I expect the 325 Watts was with panels tilted towards sun? How much if not tilted?

You obviously know what you’re doing, but to others who may not be as experienced, my only caution is to consider that 4 panels in series can produce fairly high voltage that exceeds ~ 60 Volts which is considered the higher range of what’s safe if “shocked”. So just be extra careful.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.