Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2015, 04:21 AM   #7
Texan

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E. 27.1
State: Texas
THOR #2240
Exclamation

Many thanks all for the info.

Ok, so I finally just got around to pulling the water heater out of the MH and this is what I found... see attached.

Yes, signs of an electrical fire. As this was only our 2nd trip when the electrical side of the water heater stopped working and the MH being a 2015, fire was in a sealed bay away from rodents etc. I put the cause purely at the feet of the installer/manufacturer.

Sorry mixed emotions at the moment, the fire was only inches away from the gas supply line... so, lucky and grateful that my wife and I plus the grand kids are still alive but really pissed off at the same time.

From the replies, this is far from an isolated incident. I have to ask myself "is this intentional" we're talking 3 wire's, no more difficult than wiring a lamp plug. And in the 27.1 there seems to be no safety cut off (breaker/fuse), nothing tripped. The only reason I can think of that the fire didn't spread was that it ran out of oxygen and/or the heat actually twisted/bend the shorting wires apart.

I hope (without much confidence) that someone at Thor actually reads these Forums and takes positive action to remedy these possible life threatening practices/procedures.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9662.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	758   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9663.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	759  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.