Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2019, 04:52 PM   #1523
Thor-Machine

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #14807
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnach View Post
I like the concept. When I had run the battery down and needed a jump, I thought about running a cable to a post in the front, plus a ground ala MBZ Sprinter. So yes, photos please.

I was going to install jumping posts but when I later decided to relocate the battery, the jump posts became a moot idea.
Now I just store my Genius GB70 in with the battery & I believe I'm ready for any emergency Jump.
Some people may be thinking they won't ever need to jump start the chassis battery because of their "emergency button" that engages the coach batteries for a built-in jump. I used to think the same way......until I found myself with a dead chassis battery on my 37' Pace Arrow & the emergency jump switch idea didn't work. There was just too much voltage drop and the starter couldn't get enough power to kick over the engine. Looks good on paper though!

I'll take photos of the battery relocation the next time I open the dashboard....which will probably be when I relocate the engine oil fill.

Thanks for the feedback.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum