Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2015, 05:38 PM   #4
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyGuy
I had read some threads about drains not working properly with the unit level being out 2 degrees. I am new to all these aspects of RV's. How do you do that with the least amount of hassle? Do you need jacks? Are most camp sites fairly level? Thanks for any guidance you can give me.
So far the worst out of level place we've parked our Axis is our driveway--backing in so the nose is waay down (like 6" down at least). In this situation the only drain that may not work properly would be the front sink drain as that has to run towards the drivers side rear to get to the tank. The bathroom sink and shower both run forwards (take a look at the 24.1 waste diagrams posted around here).

At the moment our unit doesn't have any jacks so we have to manually level. So far we've never been to a site that is more than 1" or 2" out of level (note inches, not degrees--1 or 2 degrees over the length or width of a camper is actually quite a bit; 1 degree over the 25ft length of the Vegas/Axis is almost 6" out of level. 1 degree over the width is 1.5" out of level.).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum