Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2015, 05:50 PM   #2
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Update:
Fixed the drawer latch. Turns out that Camping World carries the exact same latch used for the drawers in the Axis:
Heavy Duty Push Latch - RV Designer H316 - Cabinet Hardware - Camping World

Fixed the bathroom door as well. When the dealer replaced our door (our camper was used as a show unit and someone at a show just yanked on the bathroom door breaking the wood at the top where the "closing pin" holds against the roof) they didn't adjust the pin from the end of the door to the track above. Thus almost all the weight of the door was on the track and the rider. This caused the two screws at the top holding it all together to gradually back out over time (driving, and repeated opening/closing). When we made our turn the top was loose enough to let the door wedge up against the refer pinning it with the refer hinges.
My fix was to remove the screws and dip each one into my standard "camper loctite": Elmer's waterproof wood glue and screw them tightly back into the door. When the glue dries I'll be good to go.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum