Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2019, 12:39 AM   #4
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Still haven't found the controller for the Levelers. I checked all the outside storage cabinets.

I may have narrowed it down to the pressure switch. For the heck of it I added some fluid but as I suspected it didn't solve the issue with the Jack Down alarm. I see no signs of leaks at the return lines and that is the first thing they tell you to check.

If I pull the connector from the pressure switch, the Control Panel goes to Jacks Up. At that point I can Auto Level. However, the Control Panel always things the jacks are up so you can't retract them.

If I plug the connector back into the pressure switch, I can hit Auto Retract the jacks fully retract. The motor continues to run and the Control Panel says Jacks Down until it trips the breaker.

This tells me that when the jacks are up, the switch is open. When the jacks are down, the switch is closed.

I am trying to find some troubleshooting steps for the pressure switch but not having much luck online.

A pressure switch is $135.... which is cheaper than a trip to the dealer even though I'm under warranty. I am probably going to call Lippert on Monday to see what their technical support says. If they think it is the pressure switch, I may call Thor to see if they will send one.

Of course the pressure switch is on the back side of the unit so that doesn't help make it east to change.

Edit: I found the pressure switch on Amazon for $115 and it can be here Monday. I decided to order it and see if it solves the problem or not. If it doesn't, then I'll know I'll need to take it to a dealer. If it fixes the problem, I will see if Thor will reimburse me.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.