Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2019, 04:53 PM   #1532
Thor-Machine

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #14807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long & Winding road View Post
Mine is the same way. They didnt change much form 17 to 19 (only the front cap and some interior stuff). I cant see mine but if you get a flashlight and stick your head under the dash you can see it. You can reach in and remove by hand then feed long hose to the oil fill.

If you want to go though the dash thats fine. Just seems like a lot of extra work to me.

It is not possible to even see it, let alone access it from "under" the dash or from outside the vehicle "under" the hood. If that was the case it would be much easier to run a permanent fill hose to a more accessible location.

The fact is, with the 2019 VEGAS on the Ford E450 chassis with the V10 Triton engine, the oil fill must be accessed through the top of the dashboard by removing the flip down desk on the passenger side. Same goes for the battery.
It's a real bad design that only RV manufacturers could get away with because their customer base is largely not informed over these details. We're usually focused more on the comfort & amenities side of things. Automobile & truck manufacturers wouldn't try that with their customer base. They wouldn't stay in business long.

Thanks for responding.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.