Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2019, 08:13 PM   #14
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Well... just wrapped up the suspension upgrades for my 2018 Outlaw 29H. As everyone has attested to, it is a night and day difference!!!!

Just took her for a little 40 mile test drive on some back roads and interstate (good day for it.... windy.... low 30's and snow flurries after 60 yesterday.... )

Instead of the white knuckle driving experience I have dealt with the first 2000 miles, it handles almost as well as our Chevy Pick-Up with the lifted Southern Comfort package.

Gusts of wind were not hard to deal with any more..... she tracked in the lane much easier.... passing traffic didn't push her around.... she was much more nimble on the back roads... and she does not feel top heavy anymore. She is even a little quieter when hitting bumps.

Here was what I added.....

- Hellwig Front and Rear Sway Bars
- Roadmaster RSSC Steering Stabilizer
- Front SumoSprings (500lbs)
- Rear SumoSprongs (1500lbs)

Need to dial in the tire pressure once temps return to normal and I may get it alinged but I couldn't be any happier!

Was going to go with a set of Bilstein Shocks but I think I will wait a few thousand miles until the stock shocks start to give up and then I'll have them changed out.

I did all the work myself over parts of three days. Not too bad at all.... especially since the coach was still relatively new and not very rusty underneath.

If anyone has not done these changes, I would do them right away. Well worth the money to make it a much more safer vehicle to drive in all conditions.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum