Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2019, 09:55 PM   #15
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10scDust View Post
Just a suggestion, it may be the problem, maybe not.

At the pump and manifold area, the manifold is the aluminum block that all the directional valves, etc, are screwed into.
On each side, (at least on ours), you will see a round, flat screw driver plug about the size on a dime.
These are the pressure relief valves for each direction of flow, as there is a directional flow valve in the mix too.
The system relies on a pressure signal, from the pressure valve, for it to know where things are at.

They sit on a spring holding a small ball bearing, the check.
Turning them clockwise will increase pressure needed to bleed by.

The system may not be seeing the proper pressure spike reading to signal the "brain" that things are where they need to be.

I am not sure which side may need adjusting, this may be a trial and error.
I would try a quarter turn in at a time to see if this works.

Note where they are set now, if you need to return them.
Do not set them all the way bottomed out, as that will essentially block them off completely, and the pressure signal will not work right and there will be no protection for the pump, (what they are there for also).

I hope you understand what I am trying to say here, and I hope it resolves your problem.

Let us know if it does.

I could get to the one adjuster on the right as you look at the pump and I moved it a few times at a 1/4 turn per time but no luck.

I can't get to the second adjuster on the left because there is some electrical component. Funny thing is I can't what this is in any of the Lippert documentation.

The pressure switch is in the back of the manifold with the valves and that is the only thing that shows any wiring on the manifold area but this is on the side of the pump housing and I can't see anywhere in the Lippert schematics and other documentation that says what it is or what it does.

A couple of the troubleshooting guides say to check the connector on the pressure switch or replace so I am hoping it is a bad pressure switch.

EDIT: Looks like that is the directional valve that is covering the other adjustment.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1132.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	179.5 KB
ID:	16422   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1133.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	16423  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum