Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2019, 10:49 PM   #7
simidrm

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany 40ex
State: Ohio
THOR #12726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford1 View Post
Well SIMIDRM, thanks again for your response and suggestions. Not being one who will sit around for too long without brainstorming solutions, we did remove the dipstick tube yesterday and extracted the remaining portion of the broken dipstick. Found that the spot where the stick was having trouble passing through was where the lower tube mounting bracket was welded to the tube. Apparently one of the spot welds actually goes through the tube and a very rough spot or possibly some slag is causing the obstruction. That weld is about 10" above the point where the tube goes in to the block/sump. We tried to wear it down on the inside and afterward it seemed to be better. Have reinstalled it and am now waiting for the new dipstick to arrive. (BTW no number was stamped on the stick...of course)
Again, I really appreciate your quick response and counsel. Don't go too far away because you seem to be a very good resource on the International engine and your expertise may be needed again in the future. THANKS AGAIN! Ford1 signing out!!!
Your welcome but out of the 4 most used engines it is the maxforce I hate working on the most, They are all around a very badly designed engine in the heavy duty trucks with egr cooler problems, turbo wastegate issue, and a general lack of power, and they quit making them for a few years but I see they are back again, I do have access through work all diagrams for cummins, Detroit and maxforce engines.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.