Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2019, 11:34 PM   #1537
Thor-Machine

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #14807
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorbob1 View Post
Huh...
so you're sayin' that Ford E450 is different on the '19. But on a '19 Thor it's probably an '18 Ford E450

That is...my '17 Thor is a '16 Ford E450

Any-who...if the '19 Vegas/Axis oil fill location is different, then i guess you would know best.
that the oil fill cannot be accessed without removing dash.

that's way way to bad.

Keep us posted on what you decide to do.

My plan is to bore a hole in the top of the oil fill cap & force a piece of high temp clear flexible tubing through that hole. The sort of tubing used on aftermarket diesel fuel tanks. I'll screw the cap back on & that should hold the hose on the engine side.

I'll then run that hose out to the upper front of the engine compartment and affix it to a convenient location where I'll install a vented cap on it.....maybe an auxiliary diesel fuel cap......which I'll clearly mark ENGINE OIL. I think this is something the manufacturer should have already done.
Thanks for the response.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum