Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2019, 10:03 AM   #20
10scDust

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2016 Thor Outlaw 29H
State: Tennessee
THOR #13869
How to retract the jacks, manually, with system turned off.

Take the rubber plug out of the end of the pump's motor.
You will see a 1/2" hex.
Rotate that, counter clockwise, with a drill motor to pump the oil (you need something faster than by hand with a ratchet, need momentum).

Since, at idle, the directional valve is normal flow for jacks to go up.
Now you need to open the valve(s), per jacking cylinder, you need or want to raise.
With a 5/32" allen wrench, in the end of the cartridge valve per the jack cylinder, turn the set screw clockwise all the way till it bottoms out.
This physically opens the valve spool to allow fluid flow to the jack cylinder, as they are spring returned.

They do not need to be cranked tight, just till they stop, snugged, and they feel bottomed out.
Just remember to turn them back out when finished.
Then put the plug back into the motor.

I carry a drill motor, tools, and socket attachments for a just in case scenario.

My first experience was over 300 miles from home, had to use a prybar, and loosen the connections. LOL
This, before I ever dug into how/what the system does and works.
Then when at home, testing it out, they would not retract with this process.
Eventually finding that the directional valve was stuck midway.

I began thinking the pump was bad, it's a gear pump, would take a lot of dirt to destroy it, and it was pristine.
BTW, you cannot buy the pump itself alone, even though you find mfr, pump info, specs, and all.
You can buy everything else individually, but the pump comes in an $1800 system, all in one!

Maybe y'all know this procedure, just thought I would mention it.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum