Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2019, 11:20 AM   #30
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by azadv View Post

As for the black-to-gray waste water dump tube running low under and across the middle of the coach below the driveshaft (shit design), I removed mine before I ever took it on first trip and now have a connection on each side (black/gray) for dumping each individually, or use a Y 3" hose connector and hoses if I want to add both together. I pretty much dumped each individually during my 4.5 month 14K+ mile AK/east coast trip, unless I had a full sewer hookup which I think was once for less than a week. My dealer mentioned that customers had the OEM cross-connection tube setup ripped off/broken when I first picked up the coach and that was their solution, so I implemented myself along with the other gazillion mods I also bought a portable 12V macerator that I can connect to the black water side (or gray but not really needed) and use a 3/4" hose over long distance to pump the dump out if need be, and added 12V SAE plugs to middle outside of each side of the coach to either run the macerator or a 12V air pump. Just adds flexibility to dump options.

We do think alike! When I saw the design I could not believe anyone at Thor would think it was a good idea and last long before getting torn off.

I also thought about doing what you did... but didn't think of the macerator pump.

My other idea was to remove the solid PVC and replace it with the flexible sewer hose with hangers holding it up. If something hits the hose, it would give without breaking. Although eventually it could wear a hole in it if rubbed enough.

I think I like the separate dumps and a Y-connector best.

On my Outlaw it looks like there was enough room between the top of the jacks and the floor that I could go up one hole before the front jacks would hit. I'll have to measure to be sure.

I could not find anyone locally to install the Weldtec Lift Kit so I opted to upgrade the suspension myself to at least fix the crappy handling.

This weekend I installed the Hellwig front and rear sway bars, Roadmaster Steering Stablizer and front and rear SumoSprings. It went from a white-knuckled driving experience to a dream. It now handles closer to a big SUV than a dump truck with a dead elephant on its back.

There is a local company that specialized in big vehicle springs, etc. I might see if they could lift it a couple inches but don't know what that would do to all my suspension upgrades.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum