Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2019, 12:30 PM   #3
DubeGrpArchitek

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Aria 3901
State: Alaska
THOR #14573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck and Mary Ann View Post
Interesting note on the middle bracket causing wear on the topper - we have one and will check it tomorrow.

We just returned home from KY and spent the night in TN - heavy rain last night and when we brought the slide out into leave a whole lot of water came in with it. Topper looked OK from the outside and the seals look Ok from the inside, I'm just puzzled as to why they didn't sweep off any water that got around the topper. This is the full wall slide on the palazzo 36.1.

Any ideas from the group? I'm hoping that water is not getting behind the topper rail (Maybe the same issue you are having) and coming down the inside wall - I just spent $1600.00 having all the Dicor striped and replaced. with the ceiling it's tough to get a look at the seals up close.
We have a 2019 Windsport 34J with full wall slide and I left it extended overnight. In morning it started to snow so retracted awning. Driving off, noticed huge puddles of water coming into the coach. Water filled up one of the trunk compartment light fixtures and we even had a puddle in the dog window frame. Contacted Thor and they said these things happen. I questioned them since I thought the topper was supposed to keep moisture off top of slide and should have swept snow off pulling it in; they recommended the dealer check the seals. I am bringing it back this week.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum