Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: thor ace tv/dvd
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2015, 04:21 PM   #26
DocMike

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
Jamie,

Returned last night from our first long range (okay mid range for the more traveled) trip of 611 miles round trip from NC to Macon Ga. Almost 50/50 US85 and smaller road Ga441 and 129. Speed was 65 tops on Highway with cruise, 55 elsewhere with cruise, less than 15 minutes of genny-time. The tank was topped off before leaving, then topped off upon arrival and topped off just down the road from home for 64 gallons equals 9.55mpg.

Another topic I see discussed here is the noise. So noise level at 65mph was 74 decibels (cruise on, tach 2100ish, level newly resurfaced section of I85).

When we arrived at the campsite I took the time and effort to looked up under the hood and noted from the factory: the dash is bolted to the aluminum brace (one l bracket on both sides...right where your mod placed it, the A-pillars are not visible as the wood for the under side of the dash extends all the way forward and lots of dark gray shinny foam insulation oozing out of every nook and cranny.

Do you think the effort to place Fat-Mat on the wooden underside of the dash (from the engine compartment) be worth the time?

Stayed at a great little Lake Tobesofkee, run the Macon-Bibb Parks. Elect, water and cable for $22.00/night. As soon as I remember how to reduce the picture size I will post it elsewhere on this Forum.

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum