Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: thor ace tv/dvd
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2015, 04:52 PM   #27
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMike
When we arrived at the campsite I took the time and effort to looked up under the hood and noted from the factory: the dash is bolted to the aluminum brace (one l bracket on both sides...right where your mod placed it, the A-pillars are not visible as the wood for the under side of the dash extends all the way forward and lots of dark gray shinny foam insulation oozing out of every nook and cranny.

Do you think the effort to place Fat-Mat on the wooden underside of the dash (from the engine compartment) be worth the time?
I don't recall any of my mods to the underside of the dash other than putting FatMat under there.

Honestly I'm not sure how much additional insulation would do--it would have to do something. When I removed our doghouse I had found the factory already had about 3/4" FatMat under there. Since I already had some I doubled it up. At the time the noise reduction was noticeable to both my wife and myself--but I didn't measure the levels so this is only a perception.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.