Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2019, 01:26 AM   #5
simidrm

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany 40ex
State: Ohio
THOR #12726
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenwebber3 View Post
I'm not sure if anyone has had this problem but I am quickly running out of options other than going through a "Lemon lawsuit" with Thor or Camping World. We purchased our 2018 Thor Ace 29.3 in January 2018. It has less than 5K miles on it. In November, while on a trip, I lost brake lights and blinkers. Both a mobile tech and Camping World attempted to fix it by replacing the blown fuses. Every time I would turn on the blinkers it would blow the fuses, before I could even get out of the parking lot. Camping World then said it was a Ford wiring harness problem so I took it to a Ford dealer. After 3 weeks they came back and said it was in the coach wiring so back it went to Camping World. Camping World has worked with Thor in an attempt to track down the problem and just last week (we are now at the end of March - 4 months) they again said it was in the Ford Harness. It is now back at the Ford dealership and they say that all indications still point to the coach harness. We are now in the 5th month without our coach and we are getting nowhere. Any suggestions? Has anyone ever attempted to pursue a "Lemon Law" case? I have been told it will be expensive and possibly take up to 18 months but I'm not sure I have any other good options.
You can always do what my dad did to our ford dealership after his new pickup had so many problems,and he told the ford dealership to either buy it back or he was going to park the truck in his front yard with a big picture of a lemon and said Bought at (our ford dealer) and it worked they took the truck back and refunded his money.
Did you check the plug on the rear for trailer towing? I think you can unplug that end and see if your lights and signals work,or find the plug along the frame for rear lights and unplug it and see if you still blow fuses,
I have seen 1 time in 10 yrs of working on heavy duty trucks that a brake light bulb was shorted out in the bulb and kept tripping the breaker and by unplugging each light one at a time by process of elimination found the problem.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.