Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2019, 09:03 PM   #11
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
I also wanted the Weldtec Lift Kit but I am across the country and could not find any shops who would put their kit on.

I also had the white knuckle driving experience and decided to just deal with it myself. I spent last weekend installing the following on my Outlaw 29H E-450:

1) Hellwig Front and Rear Sway Bars ($562)
2) Roadmaster RSSC Steering Stabilizer ($358)
3) SumoSprings (500lb Fronts and 1500lb Rears) ($427)

After a 40 mile test drive I could not believe the night and day difference it made! It went from driving like a dump truck with a dead elephant tied to the roof to handling like a big SUV.

I may decide to do a trac bar but I am going to wait until we do our first trip of the season and I am fully loaded down. The way it handled during my test ride was good enough that I don't think I will need to do anything else.

I still have a clearance issue with the front levelers and septic drain pipe but I am thrilled that it is a dream to drive now compared to the way it was.

I may go with taller tires when the stock tires wear out to get an extra inch or so to help the front levelers a bit and I will probably change the septic drain.

But for a little over $1300 and about three 1/2 days of time, I was able ot do the work myself and completely changed how my Outlaw 29H handles and rides.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.