Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2019, 03:37 AM   #65
riskmgr

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #9957
Quote:
Originally Posted by bry899 View Post
Thanks Guys, you solved my charging issue for my class C starting battery.

After reading this thread, I purchased the: Ultra TRIK-L-START™
5 Amp Starting Battery Charger/Maintainer, from the manufacturer; Ultra TRIK-L-START Starting Battery Charger/Maintainer for $55, (they were cheaper then Amazon)
arrived in 4 days and installed it yesterday took about 20 minutes,
Connected to the solenoid behind the Radiator overflow tank, has 3 wires, one goes to each battery bank terminal on the solenoid and the 3rd wire goes to ground. Had to remove 3 screws to move overflow tank, and mounted the charger to inside fender wall.

Now my starting battery is getting charged whenever I have shore power, generator power and Solar power.
Make sure to check water in your chassis battery if not maintenance free and check voltage because 5A is more than my 2A Trickle Charge. Was thinking that a 100W solar panel generates 8.33A/Hr. 5A isn’t much less.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum