Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2019, 12:09 AM   #1
Soldier Girl

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E. 30.2
State: Arkansas
THOR #13770
LED Clearance Light

Does anyone happen to know the model part # for the "clearance light" over the A.C.E.30.2 logo's letter E???

I want to see if I can find it around this small town, maybe as part of some product other than an rv, or to order it from Amazon, bc it's not stocked by the local RV repair shops I've contacted. I truly need to get hold of one asap.

I know it probably seems odd that I'm stressin over such a minor item, but I just Failed my rig inspection yesterday bc that LED is out. I didn't even know it was a safety light up there - I figured that the tiny lil' lights were decorative!

I also can't figure out how it's a safety issue to have my inspection fail over (& there are more of them up there that I can barely see from in front of my rig)???

The driver can't see it to use it for clearance safety inside the rig, vehicles coming towards me don't need to know where the clearance line is unless they're Evel Knievel with a ramp to try to jump over it ( & then it's still about 7 inches lower than my clearance), & I truly doubt any low clearance bridge can miraculously move out of my way when it sees me coming - so what the hell does it acomplish for safety???

Unfortunately, the one local rv repair shop that showed any interest in tracking it down said it's not going to be a fast replacement. They were supposed to get back to me by today with a time frame for delivery when they tracked one down, but no such luck.

I need to pass this inspection for my new domicile state (Tx) & get back on the road again, hopefully without waiting weeks for the part & spendin my gas money on movin every few days (so as not to run afoul of any possible boondocking ordinances), without actually getting any further on my journey, or spendin my gas money to stay put at a local park (sadly, no military posts in range)...

Anyway, I couldn't find a part number on my own in any of these warranty books or online & I can't easily climb up there to try to pull it out to find the number, so as always - I'm turning to all the experts on the forum to help me see the errors in my way (at least this one error), & then I can go my merry way as a Texan for the 2nd time in my life.

Thanks, as always!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum