Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2019, 03:04 PM   #17
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Just an FYI....

I spoke with Heather a Rickson today. Had to leave a couple vmails but she called me back. Very nice and helpful person as well as knowledgable about the application.

The bad news is there is currently ~4 month lead time for the wheels. They are waiting for their materials supplier to give them an update so they can get a better handle on when they can start manufacturing more of the 17.5" wheels.

I am getting into their manufacturing queue now. My tires only have 3000 miles and I am trying to be proactive by installing a better load carrying tire so I can wait 4 months. I am also going to order a 7th rim to have as a spare in case I damage one and need a replacement given they are custom.

She also convinced me to go with a drive / steer tire combination. She said the tires are going to be scaled down 18-wheeler type tires so traction on surfaces like wet grass will not be great. I will either go with Toyo or Yokohama tires with the mud / snow rated on the back and the regular tread on the front.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.