Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2019, 01:23 AM   #23
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by blw2 View Post
I hope you'll post a thread once you get them. I have been very interested in these...and have kicked myself for not doing it right after my blowout, instead of buying a whole new set of tires.
Anyway, I figure I'll probably do it in another year or so.... to be early based on the age of my current set...well, maybe.... if it's still lookin' like I'm going to keep it for a while longer....

I will keep everyone posted. The good news is I did not have to put any money down given the long lead-times.

There is an outside change I could change my mind. With 7 rims, 6 tires and full hub caps I am going to be anywhere between $4K - $5K.... a little more than I want to spend but we plan to keep it for a while and it doesn't make sense to cut corners on safety.

We carry a Spyder in the garage, which is about 1000lbs so we get loaded down. Eventually we want to do some long trips (3 - 6 months) when we are retired so with that kind of mileage and load I think truck rated tires are the safe play.

I have also been looking at these tires... https://tiresize.com/tires/Nexen/Roa...-225-75R16.htm

I know some guys have tried them. They will fit the stock rims and are rated for over 3000lbs. I am just leery going with a lesser know brand tire. I just had a bad experience with a lesser known tire for my Spyder. It was made in Tailand and even though it was the right size and supposed to be made for the bike, my dealer could not get it on the rim!!!

I would like to go with the 235/85R16 since you can get those with a 121 rating but I am likely going to have clearance issues in the back.

All of that limits the choices....... I do like that the 17.5" rims will give me plenty of tire choices and some very good ties for heavy loads.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum