Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2015, 07:44 PM   #9
Oneilkeys

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
They are mistaken or just don't want to deal with it. I took my RV to Ford when I first got it with a question on the chassis A/C and they told me that the chassis comes from Ford with virtually nothing on it. The Chassis A/C is Thor. I thought the A/C switch was a thermostat, like a normal A/C system and I could never get the A/C to turn off and on. If I turned it all the way to cold, it stayed on continuously and it you turned it down so that it just turned off, it would never turn on again. The tech at the dealer told me that the thermostat was not really a thermostat but that the compressor was always on and the "thermostat" was really a flap that directed the A/C into the coach. I never know what to believe from these guys, and I am not saying that is right but that was what I was told. It looks to me that the switch that is being recalled is not the hot/cold switch, but the one next to if that switches from A/C to heat and defrost. That is the one in my Vegas that broke.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum