Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2019, 02:51 PM   #17
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgannone@gmail.com View Post
My electric pressure detector also monitors temperature. Where do I get those figures?
From the tire manufacturer. The side wall letter on passenger tires shows the temperature rating but light truck tires do not. It is safe to assume that all properly inflated tire should run below 150 F degrees, but usually the manufactures will specify 180 as the max for tire life. Side wall separation will occur at temps above 200 F degrees. For me. I find tire pressures vary much faster than tire temperatures. A rapid tire pressure drop of 25 psi will immediately trigger the TPMS alarm where as the temperature rise of 20 degrees needed to trigger the alarm will take a minute or more. My front tires run 98 psi with a cold pressure of 78 and the rears run 114 psi with a cold pressure of 88 psi on a 100+ day at 60 mph.
Tire pressure goes up with ambient temps and speed (around corners or straight line).
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum