Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2019, 06:06 PM   #4
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Well.... I am even more impressed with Girard's customer service. I spoke to them Thursday morning and they said they would ship out the new blower motor under warranty. I have to travel on business next week so I figured it would be here when I came back and I could see if it fixed the hot water heater error code.

The blower showed up today via FedEx Home Delivery!!! Needless to say very impressive!

The good news is the new blower did fix the E5 error code and we have hot water again!

The replacement is a bit tricky even thought it does not look too complicated. The challenge is that it is a very tight space to work in the GSWH-2 and there is not a lot of extra wiring length to remove connectors to get at things. You just have to take your time and be careful so as not to damage anything.

They actually sent the entire housing, fan, exhaust and blower motor as one unit. The real challenge is the housing has four screws in the back on top of the heat exchanger; two on each side. There is no room for a screwdriver or socket with a phillips head. I was going to see if I could borrow or buy a right-angle racheting screwdriver but then I saw that the motor and could be removed from the housing with 4 screws that were a little easier to get to.

I decided to remove the old blower motor and fan and leave the housing in place. I then removed the new blower assembly and installed it in the existing housing. It took some patience and care to get everything carefully reassembled so as not to damage anything.

After getting it buttoned up, I hooked up the water, turned on the propane and then turned on the power...... and then there was hot water again!

It is a little disappointing that the blower motor failed in less than a year but Girard's customer service was great and easy to deal with to get the part I needed.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.